Saturday, December 6, 2008

MainStage

Hello All,

I'm using MainStage with a MOTU 828 for a guitar rig. This has more or less (mostly more. LOL) replaced my old ART Rig which was replaced by my POD PRO Rig.

With MainStage on my laptop, I can configure all kinds of guitar patches. I also have some keyboard patches in there too.

I don't use amps unless it's live. Then, I prefer a Roland JC120 with a Marshall 1960A wired in stereo with my processors feeding the power amp inputs on the JC which then power the 1960A.

On the back of the 828 is a footswitch input. This input can execute keycommands, when closing and opening the switch. I have it execute an arrow down, which pages through MainStage patches. I do not use the up.

I only use a few patches and this works nicely for me.

I run the guitar into a pedal board with Dunlop and Boss pedals into the Mic/Line Input One on the 828. The pedal board has Boss Compressor, Turbo Overdrive, Graphic EQ (for solo boosts), Phaser, Flanger, Chorus and TU12 Tuner. Also a modified Dunlop Dimebag Wah and Volume pedal (for swells and tuning).

Sometimes I use my regular Dunlop Wah, a BOSS DS1 Distortion and TU2 Tuner also

It's pretty gnarly.

Thanks.

No comments:

ScrewMaker Music Licensing Store